Feb CU seems to have security fixes that take care of the Word and Excel functionality and these fixes are pushed via the Windows Update.
Please find the links for the CU’s below :
SharePoint 2013 Feb CU : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3114726
OWA security update : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3114338
SharePoint CU fix notes :
- If you start a crawl of a content source, the mssearch.exe process causes high CPU usage.
- If the claim map cache fills up in SharePoint Server 2013, a race condition occurs that causes a poor user experience.
- After you delete a SharePoint group from a site, the SQL database may be locked. When the SQL database is locked, farm availability issues occur
- After you install security update 3114503 (MS16-004), you can’t view items in custom lists. (When you install the security fix ONLY)
- When you try to follow a site or a document in a multi-farm environment
- Incorrect ranked results are returned
Security fix for Word and Excel has been released for SharePoint 2010
Feb 9, CU for SharePoint 2010 : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3114558
OWA Security Update : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3114407
SharePoint 2007 :
Security update for SharePoint 2007 :_ https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3114432