Yep you read it correctly, it’s not Microsoft Office 365 and its Microsoft 365. Well by saying so I didn’t mean that Microsoft Office 365 is going away or it’s getting renamed as Microsoft 365. This is a new service which was introduced by Satya Nadella 2 days back on Microsoft Inspire which brings together Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security, delivering a complete, intelligent and secure solution to empower employees. I’m sure most of you would have already read about this today and if not please take a moment in reading this article where I’ve explained in detail about Microsoft 365 and what are the services it delivers and how it can enhance your business.
- What is Microsoft 365?
Well as I already mentioned above this is a new service which was introduced by Microsoft two days back which brings together Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security.
- Is this something new or was this service already present?
To be very precise, this isn’t something new and in fact this is the successor of the most successful service , “Secure Productive Enterprise” which was introduced by Microsoft on October 2016 .
- What happens to Secure Productive Service now?
Moving further, Secure Productive Service would be replaced by Microsoft 365.
- Do we have different flavors in Microsoft 365 as well like Secure Productive Enterprise?
Yes, we have two flavors in Microsoft 365, 1. Microsoft 365 Business which is meant for small organizations and 2. Microsoft 365 Enterprise which is meant for large organizations
- What are these two flavors meant for and how can they enhance my business?
Microsoft 365 Enterprise:
- Unlocks creativity by enabling people to work naturally with ink, voice and touch, all backed by tools that utilize AI and machine learning.
- Provides the broadest and deepest set of apps and services with a universal toolkit for teamwork, giving people flexibility and choice in how they connect, share and communicate.
- Simplifies IT by unifying management across users, devices, apps and services.
- Helps safeguard customer data, company data and intellectual property with built-in, intelligent security.
Microsoft 365 Business:
- Helps companies achieve more together by better connecting employees, customers and suppliers.
- Empowers employees to get work done from anywhere, on any device.
- Protects company data across devices with always-on security.
- Simplifies the set-up and management of employee devices and services with a single IT console.
- How about the plans for Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 Enterprise is available in two plans, E3 and E5
- When would Microsoft 365 be made available for the public?
Microsoft 365 Enterprise will be available for purchase from August 1st, 2017 onwards. You get to purchase both the plans (E3 & E5)
Microsoft 365 Business will be available in public preview on August 2nd, 2017. It will become generally available on a worldwide basis in the fall of 2017, priced at US $20 per user, per month.
- How do I get to know more about the services and features available in both the flavors of Microsoft 365 ?
Please go through the links below to know more about the features and services available in both the flavors.
For Business: _ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business
For Enterprise: _ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/enterprise
Thanks for reading the post. Good luck with Microsoft 365.
One thought on “Get to know Microsoft 365:”
Reblogged this on Amjad Khan.