This is going to be a very simple article where I’ll be describing about how to add a new service to your Office 365 tenant. Let’s say there comes a scenario where your organization has been using Office 365 for quite some time and all of a sudden, the business shows interest on a new Office 365 service then you need to follow the steps mentioned in this article below to purchase that new service for your existing Office 365 tenant. Alright, let’s get started….
Note: Please ensure that you have global admin access in your tenant to perform these steps.
- Sign into the Office 365 admin center and navigate to the “Billing “section as shown in the image below.
2. Under the billing section, please click on the “Purchase services” option as shown in the image below.
3. Once you click on the “Purchase service “option it will take you to a page where you can see the list of services that’s available for you to purchase as shown in the image below.
4. Choose the one that you’re looking for, you can either go for a trial subscription or purchase it completely. In my case I’ve chosen the “Enterprise Mobility + Security E5 “service as shown in the image below.
5. Once done it will take you to the screen where it says “Try now “, please click on it as shown in the image below.
6. After that you would be taken to the Order receipt page where you can see your confirmation number as well as your Order details. Please review it and click on Continue as shown in the image below.
7. So, this concludes the process of purchasing a new service, you can validate this by going to the “Subscriptions “section under the “Billing “category in the Office 365 admin center as shown in the image below. You should be able to see the service that already existed and the one you purchased now.
8. In addition to that you can also run the “Get-MsolAccountSku “command to verify it.
Thanks for reading this post …..Good luck with Office 365 !!!